Monday, May 7, 2012

"Any ground subtracts its own hue from the colors which it carries and therefore influences." Joseph Albers

We {read me} had debated for months now what colors to use for the inital coating of paint in the new house. My co-workers, {you know the one is a 15 year paint pro, and one who is an ex-builders exec}, assured me it would still be weeks before we needed to know the colors, and I should stop stressing about it.

So I did.

And then I got the email from James on Wednesday morning that our builder needed to know the colors. Okay, I thought. I could have them by this past weekend. And when I asked when he needed them, I nearly sh!t my pants when he said "Today. They are painting tomorrow."

Panic stricken, I put my work for the day beside, and this is what I chose.


It's called 'On The Rocks', which I found fitting in more ways than one. {I'll leave you to use your imagination. }

I also picked Extra White for my office, the room over the garage and all of the closets. {Who knew that there were SO many shades of white? Sherwin Williams, that's who!}

There is an extra charge for adding additional colors {or subtracting if you may} and that is why we decided to only do these two. It will give us time to decide what we actually WANT in our home once we are moved in.

Here is how it looks with the overcast lighting we had from Sunday.




Did you know they don't paint where the cabinetry goes? Weird. Had I known, I would have asked them to paint the entire wall. It's just weird!

Anyway, that's the update for the week. Photos courtesty of my iphone.

Have a great week!

be good to one another!

t

No comments: