Friday, February 24, 2012

Nothing a long hot soak couldn't cure

Boyd Residence in Completed Projects
That's the kind of bathtub I would like to have.
(I will beg for forgiveness for no photo credit because there was none given. I hope a link to the site, is sufficient.)
As I said in this post, we have made a lot of changes to the floor plans.
This means our bathroom design has changed.
It isn't just our bathroom.
It is also our walk-in closet area.
It's approximately 15x11ish.
And with so many ideas out there pinned to Pinterest, it's really hard to decide what to go with and stay on budget at the same time.
....

photo credit: Lori Shaffer

I love the placement of the vanities along with the long mirror, which we found at Home Depot yesterday.
I am pretty sure that the shower, however, is not in our budget. (The mirror was only $60!!)
And because there will probably only be one window in the bathroom, I think this would lend to enlongating the space.
....
 
photo credit: Sherry Petersik
This little water-closet would be perfect for what we are trying to accomplish by separating the "toilet" area from the rest of the bathroom.
Who wants to be relaxing in the bath and have your significant other come do an unmentionable in the same area as you?
(Yes, there will be other bathrooms in the house. But you catch my drift, don't you?)
So a loo and a basin; it's what I am going for.
....
 

We are throwing around just adding a half wall with no door. Personally I think this would leave our space open.
I really am not too keen on having closed off spaces.
I'm a little claustrophobic like that.
....
 
I am accepting bathroom blueprints if you want to have a go at it.
Who knows... maybe we will use some of your ideas.
 
Enjoy your weekend! (It's 79 here, and supposed to get down to 34 by morning)
 
be blessed,
 
t
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: