Wednesday, May 19, 2010

FEEL THE BURN

My husband looks at me funny and starts to giggle as I try to shimmy myself up off the couch because my legs are so sore... How'd that happen? I did legs two days ago, and just feel it? I thought I was scott free from the AFTERMATH BURN...

I guess not....

Which brings me to something I want to talk about today. You all are grown adults, maybe not mature, but grown.... You know what you should be eating, and what you shouldn't. HOWEVER... there are plenty of POWER foods out there for you that you may not think about eating.

You need to eat to lose. Sound like a silly concept?? It's completely true, tho!! It's WHAT you eat that matters. I am going to give you what I ate yesterday, and you see what you ate... ARE YOU REALLY SERIOUS ABOUT THIS JOURNEY???

Before I went on my walk, I had a banana, full glass of H2O (Which by the way tastes like the water I grew up on at my Nanna's so it's a comfort food...weird, huh??) with my JMFB pills. When I got back I ate a Thomas multi grain english muffin with 2 tsp of peanut butter and a whey protein drink with strawberries 1/2c milk and 1c apple juice.

For snack I ate a banana. For lunch I ate some California rolls with Wasabi and 1tbs of soy sauce. For my afternoon snack I had picked up some Dry Roasted Edamame (soy beans) at the Fresh Market, which I had about a 1/4 cup.

I splurged at dinner.... I made our favorite... German Style Spaghetti (Spaghetti Carbanara). However I did leave out the heavy whipping cream and just made with the EGGS, Bacon, Parmesean Cheese, and Spaghetti. This is one noodle I can't do wheatly, but can do healthy. AND, it must not have been too bad with the bacon fat because my body didn't have a "REACTION" to it like normal when I eat any fats.. Those of you who have had your gall bladder out may know what I'm talking about.

I did drink a couple glasses of water before and after work yesterday, but my real treat was the SoBe Honey Green Tea that my husband bought for me over the weekend. ( I LOVE THAT MAN... at least most days)

Here's the down low on my two fav new things I have added to my eating:

Dry Roasted Edamame: it comes in different flavors, including Wasabi. only 4gs of Fat, 10gs of Carbs, BUT weighs in with 14gs of PROTEIN and 8gs of FIBER.... which your body needs!!! 1/4c is only 130 calories, and not only makes you feel full, but alleviates those hunger pangs that you get.

SoBe honey Green Tea: ZERO calories (WOOHOO), It isn't called Lean and Mean for nuthin. It boasts about 17 carbs for a 20 ounce bottle. ( I am okay with that because I am not drinking cream with my coffee.) AND need I say more than it's GREEN TEA, which has said to help aide in weightloss???!

Journaling what you've eaten in a day will help you stay accountable. PEOPLE, don't cheat yourselves!! You are SO worth the goals you are trying to attain!

Tell me what you've eaten in the last 24 hours. Be honest. Don't cheat me. Don't Cheat you. Don't give up.

Have a BLESSED HEALTHY DAY

PS... I will try to answer any questions today that may have been posted yesterday and I didn't get to. I have the day off so have a little time. But for now.... I gotta go walk!

1 comment:

Valerie Koop said...

What I have eaten:

Chipotle Chicken Bowl: Grilled Chicken, Lettuce, Black Beans, and Green Salsa

About 7 "two bite" brownies from Whole Foods.

Tons of water.