Thursday, April 14, 2011

Long time, no post. ;o)

WOW!! I can't believe it's been SO long since I have posted.

I DO have some photos to post, BUT I haven't done any editing for almost two weeks. {I needed to back away for awhile}.

Anyway, the happenings that have been going on around here are as follows:

1. {Spring break} It came and went. We went to check out the zoo in Norfolk. It's easily accessible and wasn't too crowded. I do have photos, but it will have to wait for tomorrow. I promise.

2. {Swim} O started swim again. It's a conditioning program this time. He had made such a HUGE improvement in just one practice. I'm super proud of him! {Even if he doesn't like going all the time. I think it's good for him.}

3. {Rock Climb} There is a climb wall at the Y, where I am proud to say I frequent nearly EVERY day now. O signed up for free climbing on Tuesday and Thursdays. He loves it. {more than swim} I feel good he is getting to experience some things that weren't financially available when I was younger.

4. {Basketball} I have mentioned before that our neighbor has let T pretty much take over his driveway at night. They have a basketball hoop cemented into their driveway. Most afternoons and evenings, You can find T out there shooting around. {It really does bring a smile to my face to see that he has passion, again, for the one thing he loves almost as much as Christy.}

5. {Reading} J jr read to J a couple nights ago on skype. He's READING... like full paragraphs and chapter books. We are SO proud of him! M is doing such a great job. Super lucky to be where we are today with her and S. We miss him terribly. {love you buddy!!}


"Go away, already!" Seriously. It's what I get everytime I have my camera out.
 6. {Feeling} I really am starting to regain a sense of being a mom. Being there. For so many years I worked, and worked, from sun up to sun down, and wasn't {there}. Although I continue to look for work, it's a good feeling that I have, knowing I am present in our kids lives. Actively being a parent. {not just going through the motions like I had for so long}. (Pray I find work soon!)

And last but not least...

7. {YMCA} I credit my friend TC for jump starting my motivation, inviting me to go to the Y with her. Although J had gone in the previous week, and I once on a Saturday, I was really not {feeling} it. But now I am. I have been consistant with going 5 days a week. (We are on week three) I found a cardio body trainer that I pretty much am in love with, and started weight training last week. ALREADY I can tell a difference in my legs and abs. Let's just say that the motivation hasn't fizzled out yet. YAY!! {And I'm so proud of J, for continuing on with the Master's swim program. Really proud! AND he continues to keep me going, too. For that... I thank you, babe!}


So I leave you with a photo of us on a trip to California. This is the me of yesterday. While many things have changed inside, I long  for the {outside}me of yesterday, today. Make sense?


Be blessed.

T

3 comments:

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

What an awesome picture!! I love California.

t said...

I do too, but I long for Hawaii even more. ;o) Thank for stopping by!

t

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.