Monday, January 17, 2011

High Hopes

1. Over the weekend, as I sat in the chair in our room~ listening to the boys cheer on the JETS, I got a wild hair to google the doctor that I was referred to, considering all I know is that my current doctor couldn't help me.

2. NEVER google a doctor and suspect that you know everything he/she may be without looking at the WHOLE picture.

3. As uneducated as I was until last night, I was scared out of my WITS being referred to an oncologist. I had NO idea to whom I was being referred to and when I read the word, oncologist.... immediately I think of cancer.... wouldn't you?

4. But, as it turns out, he is a surgical oncologist who will be doing the biopsy.... which makes me a little less shaking in my pants. YES.... 80% of biopsies come back B9, but it's still scary stuff, nonetheless.

6. I'm angry and frustrated for the lack of contact the doctor had with me in telling me anything about what is going on.

7. Tomorrow......... I will go get a copy of the ultra sound photos, as well as the radiologists report. I will also look for a new doctor.... and I have one in mind. Hopefully she is taking new patients.

8. So, as I sit here writing this, with my mind at ease that, for now, it is not a medical oncologist that I will be seeing... (thanking the beautiful women of breastcancer.org for their schooling) I hope that you have as good as a week, as I intend to have.

No comments: